At last! A beginner's guide to newborn baby technology, complete with step-by-step instructions, FAQs, and schematics, from a board-certified pediatrician and his son (an older model).
Congratulations—you’ve just acquired one of life’s biggest technological marvels: a newborn baby! New owners have so many questions: How do I handle sleep malfunctions? When should I bring the baby to a doctor for servicing? What transportation accessories do I need?
New users will get plenty of useful advice on:
- PREPARATION AND HOME INSTALLATION: How to store your baby properly
- GENERAL CARE: Effective techniques for handling, holding, and comforting the baby
- FEEDING: An in-depth guide to your baby’s power supply, from breastfeeding to solid food
- PROGRAMMING SLEEP MODE: How to Configure baby’s sleeping area and manage issues such as overstimulation
- GENERAL MAINTENANCE: Keep that new baby smell fresh with tips on sanitation and care, such as diaper installation and cleaning
- GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT: Perform user testing on baby’s reflexes, note and track milestones, plus advanced motor and sensory skills
- SAFETY AND EMERGENCY MAINTENANCE: Monitor baby’s health, tackle childproofing, learn life-saving procedures, plus get fixes for minor issues such as cradle cap and diaper rash
Whatever your concerns, celebrated pediatrician Dr. Louis Borgenight and his son, Joe Borgenicht, provide plenty of useful advice for anyone who wants to learn the basics of childcare.